TIPS before YOU BEGIN:
• Prepare walls by cleaning with a mild household cleaner
• Determine the PRECISE location for the application of your Wall Decal. Once the decal is applied, it can be removed but not re-installed.
• Wall Decals can be applied to most non-porous smooth/semi-smooth surfaces. You may find some difficulty in applying to porous surfaces, chalk-like surfaces such as stone, surfaces painted in flat sheen, or heavily textured walls; however with care even these surfaces are possible.
• Please allow at least 10 days before applying your Wall Decal to a newly painted surface.
• Your Wall Decal can be cut apart and rearranged to whatever your preference: stacked, on an angle, even arranged around windows and doors.
• Work carefully and slowly for best results.<
• If bubbles appear once your Wall Decal has been applied to the surface, use your finger/thumb and rub the bubble in an outward motion, working the bubbled to the edge of the design.
• For easy removal, heat the applied Wall Decal with a heat gun or hair dryer and peel from surface, careful to not damage the underlying surface.
BEFORE APPLYING YOUR WALL DECAL:
1 Ensure the surface to which the wall decal will be applied is clean, rinsed and dried. A mild household cleaner is recommended.
2 Decal Drama Wall Decals come rolled in its package. Unroll and lay the product on a flat surface and allow to acclimate overnight before applying. Smooth out the entire image using a credit card or plastic spatula. This will affix the decal to the transfer paper in preparation for application.
3 Use a tape measure or ruler and an optional level to determine the specific and exact placement for the Wall Decal. Light marks with a pencil may be helpful.
4 Use small pieces of masking tape (I prefer the blue, painter’s tape) on the transfer paper to position the top of the decal (with the backing still attached). By doing just the top, aligning your position with your desired location becomes easier; then, secure the bottom of the decal.
APPLYING YOUR WALL DECAL:
1 With the decal taped in position, place a long piece of tape vertically down the center of the decal.
2 Starting on the right side pull vinyl away from backing while left side stays in place. If portions of the decal are not transferring from the backing sheet onto the transfer paper, carefully replace the panel onto the backing sheet and rub with your finger or applicator until it fully adheres to the transfer paper.
3 Cut-off the right half of backing paper, then slowly lay the decal on surface from center, while smoothing the transfer paper up and down (with the heel of your hand), as you go.
4 Repeat with left side: remove the remainder of the backing paper and smooth the transfer paper, thereby attaching the decal to the surface.
5 Using your applicator (credit card or plastic spatula) press over the entire decal to assure proper adhesion to the surface. Start from the center and move outward, apply pressure to the entire design.
6 Slowly peel the transfer paper away from the surface and decal, carefully pulling the paper off at a sharp angle.
7 If the transfer paper does not want to release the decal, you may wipe it with a damp towel or sponge; the moistened transfer paper may ripple slightly when ready to remove.
8 After the transfer paper is removed, smooth over the entire decal with your hand.